New Gear Day

trolleytrolley Posts: 206Member
I went to the Photography & Video Show yesterday in Birmingham UK - and came home several £000 lighter!
I traded in my 500 f5.6PF (& talked the offer up a bit) and bought a Z600 f6.3. Not had a chance to use it yet though, maybe next weekend. I ended up paying ~56% of the list price.
So now I've no F Mount lenses - but I'll hang on to my FTZII.
And then I bought a Think Tank backpack to replace my ageing Lowepro carryon bag.
Oh, and a Delkin Black 325Gb CFE card and reader.
Still, it's only money :'(

Comments

• WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member
    I just pulled the trigger on a Plena and will get it in a couple of weeks. It will be interesting to see what I think of it compared to my 85 1.2.
  • Capt_SpauldingCapt_Spaulding Posts: 742Member
    GAS seems to be going around. I’m getting cramps. I must be closer to placing an order for a 180-600.
  • bcmmikebcmmike Posts: 46Member
    Congrats Trolley and WEF. We were looking into trading in the D850 and getting a Z8, but the wife had emergency brain surgery and the Z8 is on hold. Hope everyone enjoys their purchases. B)
  • Capt_SpauldingCapt_Spaulding Posts: 742Member
    @bcmmike Hope the procedure went well and is followed by a swift recovery.
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,729Member
    I do hope the brain surgery heals well bcmmike. My latest new "hard" gear are D700 and D2x bodies to make my brain work harder when taking photos I will only be posting on line. I have to stop and remember what it was like before all the modern mirrorless conveniences. My latest new "soft" gear is working with NX Studio processing Z8 pixel shift images and working with Topaz Photo AI to both enlarge images and remove noise. This is learning new, not remembering. This is sort of like cross training my brain to forestall senility as much as possible because I will be 77 in just 6 days. When the Z6III surfaces I will likely get one if it is more than just better video. It is all good, even the very "old new" stuff (like occasionally driving a stick shift classic car to experience and handle a pure mechanical analogue feel, which is something I also do).
  • bcmmikebcmmike Posts: 46Member
    Thanks, we appreciate the well wishes. :smile:
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member
    bcmmike said:

Thanks, we appreciate the well wishes. :smile:

I just read this. I hope that she is OK.